School District Opportunities
Aviation 2022 – Please let Ms. Dawson know if you are interested.
Graphic Design – Summer program. Apps due Apr. 30
TALE – Outdoor summer program. Apps due Apr. 30
TEAC 105 – Camosun offers this dual credit course exploring mechanical and civil engineering, computer science, and electronics. Fridays after school. Poster-TEAC105
Dual Credits – SIP Programs & Courses Guide 2020-2021 Please email Ms. Dawson if you are interested in applying for a course or a program.
Summer Skills Academy Program – High TechU. Deadline Apr. 30. Guided by University Mentors, and supported by Industry Experts, the HighTechU Summer Skills Academy gives students the chance to develop professional skills and start building their portfolio, using technology and teamwork to solve real-world challenges alongside their peers from across the province. App: HighTechU-Academy-Application-2021 Info: https://hightechu.ca/academy While there is a cost to the Skills Academy, financial support is available, so if students are interested but are unable to afford the program fee, please reach out at email@example.com and we will work to see what is possible.
Seed the City – 8 week summer program. Build transferable skills by working together to grow, cook, and sell food that is produced on school grounds. Apps due May 3. Apply HERE
Minerva BC – Now accepting applications for Learning to Lead Program. A virtual and interactive leadership program open to Grade 11 girls, transgender, and non-binary youth. Deadline: Apr. 9.
Weston Family Scholarship – Can provide up to $10,000. Open to students considering registration in an eligible trades program at Camosun College and be able to demonstrate financial need. Info HERE
Duke of Edinburgh Award – Youth aged 14 and up. Register online HERE
High Tech U – Online. Six Core Programs: Calendar of Events; HERE
- Tech Bites – YouTube series exploring various technology-related topics in an accessible way for teens – Learn More
- Q&A Corner – Interactive virtual interviews with professionals from the tech industry which stream live on Twitch – Learn More
- Cyber Space Community – Moderated online community for teens to connect with peers & mentors, and access tech-related resources (includes access to a blog and mailing list, along with a Microsoft Team managed by UVic) – Learn More
- Skills Studio* – Drop-in, after-school tutorials related to specific tech-related skills (e.g. arduino prototyping, interviewing for tech jobs, etc.) – Learn More
- Skills Lab* – Hands-on, day-long weekend workshops exploring more broad tech-related themes (e.g. Data Science, Quantum Computing, Electrical Engineering, etc.) – Learn More
- Skills Academy** – Week-long, technical summer programs where students build tech-based projects to respond to community problems – taking place in Summer for 2021 – Learn More